Flourless Nut and Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Jody Schmoll, a friend and former Camden innkeeper, gave me a recipe for her flourless-peanut butter cookies. I took her base recipe and embellished them with lots of nuts and some chocolate chunks and came up with these cookies. The first time I tasted them I unanimously proclaimed these as my new favorite cookies. This cookie dough is quite coarse and when you make the balls, they may need a little extra effort to get them to hold together, but they are well worth the effort.
Flourless Nut & Chocolate Chunk CookiesCourse: SnackDifficulty: Easy
2 cups chunky peanut butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/2 cup salted peanuts, lightly crushed
1/2 cup chocolate chunks (dark or white chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the peanut butter, sugar and baking powder. Stir in the eggs and mix well.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chunks and mix to combine; the mixture will be quite coarse.
- Make balls with a #40 ice cream scoop and place about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet
lined with a nonstick baking mat or on a lightly greased baking sheet. Press down a little
and sprinkle the top with coarse baking sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer the cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.