Morning Glory Muffins
Morning Glory Muffins are always a big hit on our Foodie Trips to Europe. Brimming with carrots, shredded fruit and nits, these muffins are rich and satisfying. A great way to start your glorious morning!
Morning Glory MuffinsCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup crushed pineapple
1/2 cup peeled & shredded apple
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
2 large eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Add the carrots, coconut, raisins, pineapple, apple and walnuts. Mix to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spray large muffin tins with cooking spray and scoop in the muffin mix with the large #16 scoop. Sprinkle the tops with rolled oats.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, until they are lightly browned. Cool slightly and serve warmed or at room temperature.