Pistachio Pound Cake
I have made many different pound cakes over the years, but the flavor, color and texture that the pistachios lend to this cake are incredible. Pound cake is terrific served with afternoon tea also. If you don’t eat nuts, the pistachios may be omitted from the recipe. Experiment with other nuts or other flavors like citrus, blueberries or chopped dried fruits.
Pistachio Pound CakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 cup, plus 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, soft
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cracked pistachios (plus 1 Tablespoon for the top)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a mixer until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix in. Add the flour and 1/2 cup of pistachios and mix until
- Butter two small loaf pans (2 1/2 cup size) and lightly coat with flour, tapping out the
excess flour. Divide the batter between the two pans and sprinkle the tops with the
remaining pistachios. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Transfer the loaves to cooling racks to cool.